I’ve just made two dresses using a new-to-me pattern, Burda 8071. It’s a fairly simple sundress with three bodice options, and uses about a two metres of fabric, a 14″ zip and a metre and a half of ¼” elastic.
I had a lovely cotton batik sarong from Indonesia which I’ve been saving for a rainy day, and it proved to be ideal for this project. I had to think carefully about my pattern layout, as these sarongs often have a contrasting panel which takes up about a quarter of the fabric area (see right for a typical example of this).
I placed the contrasting panel across the front of my dress skirt and also on the back of the bodice so my dress has different front and back views. I love the outcome and had a lot of favourable comments today which are always very welcome.
I made the same dress in black and white, hence twice as nice.
…click on any pic to view large …
This has been my 100th post.